Sunday, February 24, 2008

Manos: Hands of Fate


Okay, I'm back.

But do I have anything relevant to say yet? Not likely, but I'm fairly sure that doesn't stop anyone else around here.

What happened today? Let's see... Went to church this morning... most of us anyway. I had to give a short talk type thing that seemed to go fairly well. (Thanks Ken) Received a few nice compliments afterward, even one by phone. I probably need to work on my ability to accept praise. I'm guessing the awkwardness I shower on the giver most likely makes them regret the effort. I do like praise, I really do. I just don't want it pointed directly at me. A glancing blow would be fine.

Tracy and I installed a new hanging light in our kitchen today. Ikea apparently calls it Glimt. Second project of its kind in the last 24 hours. We're both quite pleased with ourselves. Anyone who's replaced one light fixture with another knows it's quite remedial. No matter, it's progress for us. We really should learn a new trick soon. When the rescue crews sift through the rubble of our crumbling home, they'll surely remark on the mint condition of our lighting.

Eden's 16th birthday is next Saturday. She and Jane miraculously finalized party plans and the invitations that describe them at the very same moment. Interesting how that works. I hope it goes well for her. Apparently this sort of thing puts a lot of pressure on a girl. I have no recollection of my own 16th, but I vividly remember Tracy's. Can someone say fuchsia jumper? It was the 80's and she was perfect.

We went to Casey and Daysha's for dinner tonight. It felt like thanksgiving (on the 24th of February)... There were about 19 dishes to choose from. It's like she was expecting 7 people or something. (she was) It was fabulous. I overate. Again. Mostly carrots this time though. So maybe I'll be able to visualize starting an exercise program?

After dinner, Casey, Ev, Eden and I watched some Mystery Science Theatre... Manos: Hands of Fate. It was terrible... Almost too terrible to make funny. We still laughed. I will always love hearing my kids laugh.

Anyhoo. That might be it for now.

No comments: