Sunday, July 20, 2008

Time Machine

Point A


Point B


Twenty years of marriage.

Looking back, I honestly can't believe it's been that long. Half of our lives, together. It feels like the memories have been pancaked together so tightly that it's hard to pull them back apart again. Just fleeting pictures of places and faces... mostly of the kids when they were young. Our attention has been on them for pretty much the whole twenty... still is. Other stuff... school, apartments, houses, jobs, friends and vacations have their place. More impressions that seem to gradually lose their sharpness. Looking through some of them recently, I'm thankful for the photos we do have... they remind me how much of the good stuff I might otherwise forget.

I wish I had the ability to recollect or summarize our marriage in some way that would do it justice. I don't. I'm simply grateful for you, the life we have together and the time we've had thus far. I have already been blessed more than I deserve.

I love you Tracy. Happy Anniversary.

3 comments:

Strawberrylife said...

Love the time machine -and you guys look better now!

Anonymous said...

O.K. So James and I have an agreement that I won't comment on his blog, but that picture of us (the first one) could it possibly be worse? I feel much better about the second one. Thanks James.

By the way, the last 20 years have been the best. I love you too.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Just look at you then, barely out of your teens, starry eyed, unaware. And look at you now, handsome, battle scarred and wise. (Could it be the glasses?)
The one constant---lotsa love!

Madge