Thursday, April 21, 2011

Missing Moments

A few modestly notable items from the recent past...

Eden and Hailey jumping for joy... or because I asked them to. It kind of looks like they're in a Toyota commercial or something. There was no TV spot, but Eden did pick up a bargain on a sweet PT Cruiser from Grandma. Who knew we'd find a 10 year old car with only 8 miles on it.

The tasteful lettering lovingly applied to my car by a couple of co-workers. In spite of the meticulous kerning and graceful arc, I think it went on easier than it came off.

The Mexican meatballs we made once and probably wouldn't make again. We love allrecipes.com but this one was frito blandito. I suspect the author of this "south of the border" treat is actually a 47 year old hockey mom in central Wisconsin. I'd like to think she carefully scans the labels for mild cheddar because the sharp stuff is just too spicy.

Note: Okay... I just looked up the actual recipe and author. Profile page below. I had never actually seen this before... I promise. Now I feel bad for being mean (and omniscient).

This is Evan brushing his teeth before bed in the bathroom while simultaneously programming in C++. He's also been teaching himself Russian.

Evan and I just before our semi-annual ski excursion at the Canyons. As you can see from the photo, he's way outgrown his bibs... and his arms. We really need to ski more, or less. The once a year plan is not the way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious!

Annie said...

you make me laugh. Too funny about the dear lady from Wisconsin!