Saturday, May 22, 2010

Runaway Project

More late news... yeah, yeah... I already know...

You might remember a post back in January where I told you about an advanced fashion class Hailey was taking. She was to design a collection of 3-5 pieces and ultimately have it shown on the runway along with a dozen or so other students.

I told you it might be more than she was ready for. I said it might be too hard. I thought it might get ugly. And in many ways, it was and it did. She went through a lot of fabric. She went through a couple of meltdowns. She did not, however, ever give up.

The result? The kind of win we all agreed was possible, but uncertain. I don't have nearly the photos I'd like to have... of the process, or the show. But suffice it to say... as family moments go, it was one of the good ones. Siblings, family and friends all came and were not disappointed. It was a beautiful thing to see. She even won an award for her illustration.

She has worked so hard... and come so far. See a little here for yourself.
A special, significant note of thanks goes to Tracy. Part-time counselor, assitant seamstress, full time fabric taxi. Without her steady hand... well I shudder to think...









2 comments:

JM said...

Wow, love the photos! Very talented! I guess I need something to dress up for and hire her to be my designer! Very Awesome, Congrats Hailey!

Gma said...

It was all so professional, & Hailey's designs were great! Great job, gal!