Saturday, July 23, 2011

All in OneDay


A couple of photos I grabbed the other night at OneDay... a fundraising event Eden helped organize for YMAD. Did I mention she's going back to India again in about a week and a half? There were booths, bands and food carts and more... a really ambitious undertaking overall. We didn't stay too long though, just enough time to spend a hundred dollars on admission and several amazing coconut/dark chocolate gelato bars. I didn't get a photo, but they tasted something like this...

I also dropped by the silent auction on our way out to bid on a matching set of Technics turntables. Do I know how to DJ? Do I know how to scratch? Neither. I just knew I would be a different man with a sweet set of turntables eventually stored in my basement. I didn't get them though. I didn't even bid. Apparently there were others more financially committed to the dream than I. They looked something like this...

While mulling my loss, I did however, get to spend a few minutes listening to these guys... The Joshua Payne Orchestra. I only shot two of the trio... sorry drummer guy. They were doing an instrumental version of Radiohead's "Creep"... a longtime favorite of mine. Not sure what it was, but I just loved it. Joshua Payne himself, the guitarist, is super fun to watch. They play shows (instrumental covers) around Salt Lake quite a bit I guess... sometimes as a nine piece. You can also see a video they made doing Harder Better Faster by Daft Punk. They emailed me the link when I sent them these photos. Guess I'm in pretty tight with the band now. Wonder if they'd play for the Crawfish Boil I will someday get organized enough to have?

No comments: